Lash Extensions Application Skills for Beginners
As a lash artist, if you fail to master the basic techniques, you may make mistakes in actual combat because of wrong habits and methods. Let’s discuss the basic techniques of eyelash extensions application.
How to hold the tweezers
The correct use of tweezers is the most basic, but also the most important.
- Two lash extensions tweezers are required for operation, one in the left hand and one in the right hand (the curve tweezers for false eyelashes, and the straight tweezers for real eyelashes).
- When using tweezers, you should handle them as comfortable as you want, as long as they are easy to move, so that you can freely adjust the strength of the thumb and index finger.
- When holding the tweezers, the strength of the two hands should be evenly distributed. If you apply too much force, the force is likely to be applied to the customer's forehead or face, causing discomfort to the customer.
- Because the tip of the tweezers is very sharp, it is a dangerous tool. Be very careful when using it, and do not stick or touch the eyes of customers.
Put one-time false eyelashes on the mannequin head mold and practice separating the eyelashes.
- Use an eyelash comb to comb the false eyelashes neatly.
- Under the premise of not touching the skin and eyeliner around the eyes, use tweezers to practice separating the eyelashes.
- Separate an eyelash at the reference point located in the middle of the eyelashes.
Tip: If 2 to 3 eyelashes are separated at the reference point, the 1:1 operation of eyelashes cannot be implemented, and it is likely to irritate the eyes or cause stubborn hair loss after the operation.
The direction and angle of the tweezers
It is only convenient to use the tweezers to separate an eyelash with the tip of the tweezers. In addition, the direction of the hand and the tweezers should follow the angle of the tweezers to paste the false eyelashes.
How to isolate the lashes
In the actual operation, use tweezers to separate the real eyelashes of the customer.
- Use an eyelash comb to smooth the real eyelashes.
- Be careful not to touch the eyeliner, use tweezers in the direction and angle indicated in the eyelash separation method of the head mold.
- In order to perform the 1:1 operation of eyelashes, the false eyelashes do not overlap with the real eyelashes next to them, and the direction is mastered one by one (only separate the direction of the tweezers for one real eyelash).
- The better the separation direction of real eyelashes is mastered, the smoother the operation will be.
Human eyelashes are divided into 3 to 4 layers, which should be separated from the bottom layer of healthy eyelashes (only from the bottom layer of eyelashes, the eyelashes will not be deformed after surgery).
How to pick up lash extensions
Hold the tweezers in one hand and practice pulling out the false eyelashes one by one.
- After pulling out, use tweezers to hold it in a diagonal direction
Use tweezers to clamp the extracted false eyelashes in a 45-degree diagonal direction.
- Clamp the false eyelashes with tweezers and pull them out to the side
Clamp 2/3 of the false eyelashes with tweezers, slowly raise your hand, and pull it out toward your chest.
- Operate the false eyelashes with tweezers
Although the eyelashes are cylindrical and the naked eye cannot distinguish the front and back, the eyelashes are actually divided into front and side. During the operation, the front of the eyelashes should be clamped.
Tip: If you use too much force when curling the eyelashes, the false eyelashes may bend and deform. Therefore, the force must be moderate. If the direction of the eyelashes is reversed or not oblique, the eyelashes may bend when the arrangement is completed.
The position and angle of the false eyelashes
When using tweezers to clamp false eyelashes, be sure to clamp 2/3 of the false eyelashes. In addition, the direction of the false eyelashes is only oblique, so the arms and hands will not be awkward, and the operation range will not increase.